Assemblymember Jacqui Irwin’s Statement on the California Budget
Pleased to see State budget will continue to include funding for key programs
(Sacramento, CA) – “Today the California Legislature passed another responsible and balanced budget on-time,” said Assemblymember Irwin. “The budget builds on state priorities to increase funding for our education system from pre-school through college, invest in the working poor, and grow a strong reserve for future downturns.”
Specifically, the California Budget includes provisions that will have a profound effect on our state and region:
- Adding to the state’s rainy day fund, bringing total reserves to $9.9 billion.
- Continuing the higher education Middle Class Scholarship.
- Full funding to help connect veterans with the benefits that they have earned.
- Prioritizing our most vulnerable veterans in California veteran homes.
- Enhancing the state cybersecurity networks to protect the public’s personal information.
- Including a $400,000 grant to provide updates to the Oxnard DMV.